Card match and attach system with inline envelope inserter
Flexible, modular solutions with optional in-line printing, camera matching, envelope inserting and addressing
A pre-printed card carrier is fed as the primary document. This can be an A4 sheet which is then folded, or pre-sized to the dimensions of the envelope. The carrier can be folded after the card has been attached, if folding before attaching does not suit the application.
The plastic or paper-based card is fed from a (top load, bottom feed) shuttle feeder, transferred, then attached to the carrier with hot melt glue. Multiple cards can be attached to one carrier.
A KAS Mailmaster envelope inserter can be placed in line to receive the carrier with card attached. Additional enclosures can be added, fed from automatic feeders, and the completed pack inserted into an envelope and sealed.
Alternatively, the carrier can be printed on-line, replacing the primary feeder with a floor standing office printer. The card is read as it is fed into the system. This data is sent to the customer’s print server to print the personalised carrier.
In either case, when the carrier and card are attached, both are read by cameras picking out codes on each. This data can then be matched and/or recorded to a file for reporting. In the case of a non-match, the item is diverted before going any further.
- Address printing
- Logo or message printing on the envelope
- Envelope weighing at the exit
- Exit reading of a code in the window of the envelope
- Carrier feeder options include feeding A4, pre-folded documents, smaller single sheet items and booklets
- Card feeder can feed plastic or paper-based cards from 85 x 54 mm, including SIM cards
- Reading technology to read 2D and 1D barcodes, OCR including embossed print
- Divert module if the carrier and card do not match
- Up to 10 insert stations on the envelope inserter, feeding from a single sheet to a 6 mm booklet